About

Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2024

How I wrote an algorithm that converts DISC to MBTI (UltraBot Command)

 Hey everyone! Today I wanted to talk about something I made in UltraBot about a month ago at this point that converts your indigo DISC scores into MBTI personalities. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry. Everything will be explained!

What is DISC?

DISC is a personality score (yes, I'm a bit of a personality type nerd) given to you on the Indigo Assessment. My school recently had us take this test for a class, but sadly you'll have to pay $100 to take it on your own. However, it included personality scores in 4 catagories:

D - Dominance. How directly you talk to people and how much control you want.

I - Influence. Your influence on other people and how much you like them.

S - Steadiness. How much patience and planning you do for things.

C - Compliance. How analytical and observant you are of the things around you.

This is all measured in numbers. Here's my results:

Dominance - 72

Influence - 45

Steadiness - 18

Compliance - 71

Now intially I didn't care much about this until my friend Damien (yes, the same Damien who ran my old blog) said "What if we make an algorithm to convert DISC scores into MBTI?"

What is MBTI?

MBTI is a system of 16 personality types based on 4 traits you have:

Introverted or Extroverted (I or E)

Intuitive or Observant (N or S)

Thinking or Feeling (T or F)

Judging or Perceiving (J or P)

You take those letters and put them in order. For example, I'm an ISTP. Since DISC also has 4 traits I decided to see what I could do to align your DISC scores with MBTI, so I got to work

The Algorithm

The algorithm works like this:

High D = Thinking

Low D = Feeling

This one can defenitely be debated over whether it's true but considering how many thinking types tend to act and how low D people have more empathy and emotion, I think it's safe to say this is true.

Low I = Introverted

High I = Extroverted

This one is for sure true. It's said in the report that influence is based off introvert/extrovert so this is for sure true.

High S = Judging

Low S = Perceving

This is another debatable one but it's said that high S's are more patient and plan things out while Low S's are impatient and jump in immediatly, both very clear distinctions of P and J.

High C = Observant

Low C = Intuitive

This one is difficult and debatable, but considering high Cs are very observant but also very analytical (which yes, many people including me exist like that) I think it's most likely this after my research.

UltraBot

So there we go! I made a system to convert these scores. Basically, if you get 50 or higher on a score it will be counted as high, and 49 or lower will be counted as low. But of course, when I make a system like this, an UltraBot command is very much needed! So I got to work on a command, and this is the finished code:


$nomention

Your MBTI is:


$if[$message[i]>=50]

  E

$else

  I

$endif


$if[$message[c]>=50]

  S

$else

  N

$endif


$if[$message[d]>=50]

  T

$else

  F

$endif


$if[$message[s]>=50]

  J

$else

  P

$endif


This was written in BDScript 2 and is the first command in UB's history to include the $if function, which I might make a whole seperate post on once I make more commands that use it. Here's the command in action:


It uses slash command required options to input your scores, then the $if functions run and calculates your score. So if you have a DISC score, get UltraBot and start converting!




The future of UltraBot #2: It's python time!

 Alright, so my friend Damien as you guys may know at this point as a discord bot of his own, AlphaGameBot. His bot is entirely written in P...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan